The newly updated iPhone app for Oracle WebCenter Spaces 11g Release 1 is now available, with support for PS3 as well as PS2 servers.
This new version represents a major change, not merely an incremental update of the previous version.
A list summarizing the new features is below.
- To get the app from iTunes, use this link
- iOS 4.2 or higher is required
- More information on the app, including a link to documentation is available here.
- Most screens can be refreshed with the latest data from the server by shaking your iPhone
- Most items that you can browse can also be bookmarked with their own icon on the main Launcher screen. Just tap the titlebar of an item you’re viewing to reveal the shortcut settings.
- The launcher screen (the one with all the icons) has multiple pages. Swipe left and right to navigate them.
- The launcher icons can be re-arranged. Press and hold an item until the icons wiggle, then drag them around, including to other pages on the left or right. Click “Done” in the upper right corner when finished.
- “Quick Note” allows you to create text or audio notes and upload them to your personal documents area on the server (sometimes called “MyFiles”, or “Documents” under “My Profile”). You can access these notes, and all of your personal documents, in the app by navigating from the launcher to Documents -> Personal WebCenter Docs
- You can export documents to other iOS apps with the “Open in…” option from the document meta-data view (not preview), if you have capable apps installed. You can also send documents back to the WebCenter app by choosing “Open in…” and then “WebCenter” from within other apps. This enables you to do round-trip editing if you have, for example, “Documents to Go” or “Quickoffice” installed.
- Support for PS3 (Patch Set 3 22.214.171.124.0) as well as PS2 (Patch Set 2 126.96.36.199.0) versions of Oracle WebCenter Spaces
- Revamped user interface including a new springboard launcher interface
- Search has been added for People Connections, files on your iOS device and (PS3 only) WebCenter resources on the server
- Recent Items are tracked for People, Documents, Document Folders, Group Spaces, Discussions, Topics, Lists, and visited web links
- Links in Activity Streams are now clickable
- Easily post to your activity stream, including attachments and camera support
- Improved status update interface in your user profile
- Improved support for adding/updating your Connections with the native iOS Contacts app
- Links to each person’s Manager and Reports, if available
- People Connection Lists to view your Connections more efficiently
- Recommended People Connections via Activity Graph (PS3 only)
- Local file system support and “Open In…” (can save documents to your iOS device, open them in other apps, and have this app open docs from other apps)
- Personal Documents support, both public and private, including the ability to upload, download, and delete
- Printing of documents and web sites via AirPrint
- Documents can be emailed as an attachment, or you can email a link instead
- Playback of video and audio files
- Easily post to a Group Space’s activity stream
- Message Board support in each Space
- Discussions has an improved user interface, including forward and back buttons for navigating messages
- Bookmark your favorite items as icons on the main launcher screens and re-position them (for Group Spaces, People, Documents, Document Folders, Discussion Forums, Discussion Topics, and Lists)
- “Quick Note” feature allows you to write text notes or record audio notes and save them in your Personal Documents on the server
- Support for multiple servers through the new Accounts feature switch quickly between different servers or user credentials
- Support for higher resolution “Retina” screen graphics and other iOS4.2+ features like printing and backgrounding