This is just a quick one… I often find that just after installing WebLogic Server, I want to disable the on-demand deployment of the console application. No good reason why, I just don’t like it. Maybe because I tend to use the console quite a bit, I don’t want to have to wait for it to deploy – yes, I know I have to wait longer for the server to start up, but it’s a perception thing…
Anyway, I can never remember how to do it, so here are the instructions:
- Log on to the WebLogic console,
- Click on your domain, e.g. base_domain, in the left navigation bar in the WLS console,
- Open the Configuration tab and then the General sub-tab,
- Deselect the checkbox labeled Enable on-demand deployment of internal applications, and
- Click on the Save button.