When setting up Subversion recently to use with my various JDeveloper and NetBeans installations here, there and everywhere, I wanted to browse my repositories from Chrome (my main day to day browser) on Mac OS X (my main day to day OS). But, my Subversion installation is using HTTPS with a self-signed certificate, so I had to tell Chrome how to understand it.
The process is as follows:
- Open the offending site in Chrome
- Click on little bang icon at the right hand end of the address bar
- Hold down the Option key and drag the certificate from the popup dialog to the desktop
- Rename it with a .cer extension
- In the Chrome menu, navigate to Preferences, Under the Hood, Security, Manage Certificates
- Click on the plus “+” icon to add a certificate
- Point to the .cer file on the desktop
- Select the option to trust the certificate
That’s it, all done!